According to ULAKBİM TR Index Criteria, an ethics committee approval must be obtained for research conducted in all disciplines since 2020. The research which require an ethics committee approval are listed below:
- All kinds of research which are conducted with qualitative or quantitative approaches that require data collection from participants using questionnaires, interviews, focus group, observation, experimentation, interview techniques,
- Using humans and animals (including material / data) for experimental or other scientific purposes,
- Clinical research conducted on humans,
- Research conducted on animals,
- Retrospective studies in accordance with the law on the protection of personal data.
A report prepared for studies requiring ethic committee approval must include the name of the ethics committee and if it is available the reference number. If a study has been granted an exemption from requiring ethics approval, this should also be detailed in the manuscript (including the name of the ethics committee that granted the exemption). Manuscripts, which are detected that the research has not been carried out within an appropriate ethical framework, are not published in AURUM JSS. If your study does not require ethics committee approval, you must sign the declaration form indicating the relevant reasons for your manuscript.
AURUM JSS complies with “COPE-Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors”